If you’re active on Instagram, you might have seen a lot of celebrities and beauty editors giving the treatment a go. But what exactly is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning safely removes the buildup of dead skin and microscopic hairs that can make your complexion appear dull and flaky. This form of exfoliation is a great choice for maintaining an even and healthy glow.
How does it work?
A very small scalpel is used to delicately scrape the top layers of skin off and reveal the younger skin underneath. This may sound scary, but it will feel similar to shaving your legs, and it doesn’t hurt at all. During this treatment, the skin will be pulled tight and your aesthetician will use short upward strokes to take off the top layer of skin in a measured and even manner. It is a relatively quick procedure when done for the face, finished in about 30 minutes. The best part of all – Dermaplaning is recommended for all skin types, unless you are suffering from an acne or a herpes flare-up, and in that case, you should wait until your face clears up.
What are the benefits of Dermaplaning?
- It will painlessly exfoliate the skin to stimulate cellular turnover with little to no downtime. Other than mild redness after the procedure, there is no recovery period – if done properly by a licensed aesthetician.
- It is a great option for people with sensitive skin and pregnant women who are looking for a safe way to exfoliate deeply.
- It can be performed prior to treatments like facials, laser, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels for better results.
- It can be performed frequently.
- It helps makeup go on smoother and more evenly.
- It can help gradually lighten scars from acne.
- Contrary to popular belief, it does not make the hair grow back thicker and darker.
Dermaplaining will leave your skin looking and feeling refreshed, healthy, and glowing! Noninvasive, painless, and requiring no downtime- how can you go wrong?